TARMAC APPRENTICESHIPS 2016
We have contributed to some of the UK’s biggest construction projects including Wembley Stadium, Blackpool Sea Defences, Birmingham New Street Station and the London Olympics. Our products, services and solutions also form part of our everyday life, from limestone to purify drinking water to your toothpaste and sugar.
Why not join us as an Apprentice to make your mark in our business? As well as offering a competitive package, we offer real careers and the opportunity for you to develop skills, experience and knowledge in a forward-thinking company.
We offer our Apprenticeships bespoke development plans incorporating both formal and on-the-job training, which will broaden your general business skills.
We will also support apprentices to achieve professional accreditations or institution memberships, where relevant and appropriate for their role.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a real job with training which would allow you to earn while you learn, whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
Apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete, and are available upto degree level and beyond.
OUR APPRENTICESHIP SCHEME
- The minimum criteria for the relevant discipline to the role you’re applying for
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Please note some roles may require some travelling around and therefore holding a full UK driving licence may be beneficial.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Eligible to participate in our corporate incentive scheme
- Company pension membership
- Life cover up to x4 base salary
- Access to a company vehicle (subject to job need)
- Support to gain professional accreditation
- Personal development plan
- Early March – Campaign Goes Live
- Mid/End of May– Campaign Closes
- May – June – Shortlisting and invites to Make your Mark Assessment Centres
- June – July – Make your Mark Assessment Centre
- July – Offers
- August – Keep in Touch Days
- September – Corporate Induction and start in role
The Assessment Centre is the last stage of our process and you will be given the outcome within 2 weeks of attending. Everyone who attends will receive comprehensive feedback to help you succeed moving forward, regardless of the outcome.
The Assessment Centre will be running across May and June 2016
INTERMEDIATE APPRENTICESHIPS (Level 2) Equivalent to 5 GCSE’s
Having completed your GCSE’s (or equivalent), our Intermediate Apprenticeships are a great opportunity to learn the essential skills of your trade and obtain a vocational qualification, whilst also earning a full time salary.
You will support real projects, learn about our business and get exposure to our operations. During the scheme you will attend college on a day or block release basis and learn the essential skills of your future role. You will demonstrate the skills learned at college and improve them in real work situations.
Scheme Duration – 12 – 48 months
Register Your Interest
ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIPS (Level 3) Equivalent to two A Levels
To start this programme, you should have five GCSEs (grade A*-C) or have completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship. This will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need for your career and allow entry (if desired) to a Higher Apprenticeship or degree level qualification. You will support real projects, learn about our business and get exposure to our operations. During the scheme you will attend college and learn the essential skills of your future role. You will demonstrate the skills learned at college and improve them in real work situations.
Scheme Duration – 4 years
Register Your Interest
HIGHER APPRENTICESHIPS (Level 4 +) Equivalent to a Foundation Degree
To start this programme, you should have a Level 3 qualification (A-Levels, Advanced Diploma or International Baccalaureate) or have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship.
During the scheme you will attend college or University on a day or block release basis. You will work on site, under the guidance of a more senior colleague where you will demonstrate the skills learned at college and improve them in real work situations.
Additionally, you will be undergoing sufficient training during the programme and on successful completion you will gain:
- University of Derby Higher National Diploma (HND) following 3 years employment
- Qualification to Honours Degree after 5 years
Scheme Duration – 5 years
Register Your Interest
Not answered your question? Please email us at email@example.com